930 new confirmed cases were recorded in Nigeria
Till date, 75062 cases have been confirmed, 66775 cases have been discharged and 1200 deaths have been recorded in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory
The 930 new cases are reported from 22 states-
Cross River (2).
A multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, continues to coordinate the national response activities.
To reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19, members of the public are advised to adhere to the following measures:
- Wear a face mask/covering when out in public
- Wash your hands frequently with soap under running water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based sanitiser if water is not available
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 2 metres from others in public spaces
- Cover your mouth and nose properly with a tissue paper when sneezing and/or coughing. Dispose of the tissue properly immediately after use. You may also cough into your elbow if a tissue is not available
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness
- Stay home if you feel unwell until you recover. Do not mingle with others or congregate
- Avoid large gatherings of more than 50 persons and gatherings where physical distancing measures are not put in place