Charlottesville, Virginia — Monday morning classes were canceled and the University of Virginia was placed on lockdown as police sought for a student wanted in connection with a fatal shooting the night before. In a message to the community, the president of the institution stated that three persons were killed and two others were injured in the Sunday evening shooting.
UVA President Jim Ryan identified the suspect as university student Christopher Darnell Jones Jr. The culprit remained at large.
The warning for students and staff to remain in place was issued late Sunday night after reports of gunfire on campus. At 10:42 p.m., the university’s emergency management tweeted about a “active attacker firearm.”
“There has been a gunshot on Culbreth Road, and the suspect is armed and dangerous,” Ryan tweeted, urging the campus community to “please shelter in place.”
Later, Ryan issued the letter to the university community, stating that he was “heartbroken to report that the incident has resulted in three fatalities” and that two others were hospitalized and treated for unidentified injuries.
Additionally, the UVA Police Department placed an online alert stating that numerous law enforcement organizations were hunting for a suspect who was “armed and dangerous.”
In his Monday morning letter, Ryan stated that only selected necessary personnel should report to work.
According to the Richmond Times-Dispatch, a UVA student who was in her dorm room on Culbreth Road and heard six gunshots reported hearing them.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- How Amber Rose discusses OnlyFans and stripping with her nine-year-old son Sebastian
- Roman Reigns Bloodline saga reveals WWE’s decade-long creative error
- Tennessee police chief sacked over ex-sex cop’s escapades
- SWISS launches Premium Economy to Johannesburg
- Concerned fans regarding Anthony Anderson’s weight reduction
- Wealth of South Africa’s Grammy winner Nomcebo Zikode and more
- RUMOR: A major decision has been made about the future of a key Kaizer Chiefs player
- police sex monster As of this now, David Carrick is guaranteed a life sentence
- Three NBA superstars whose futures are in jeopardy as a result of the Kyrie Irving trade
- Ice-T mocks a Grammy guest who is observing Coco Austin: “Completely understand”