2021 WAEC English Objective And Oral Questions and Answers
In each of the following sentences, there is one underlined word and one gap.
From the list of words lettered A to D, choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the underlined word and that will, at the same time, correctly fill the gap in the sentence.
1. Most African countries face poverty while few enjoy _______
A. influence B. money C. affluence D. power.
2. Last year our farmers cultivated more crops than they _______
A. destroyed B. uprooted C. harvested D. yielded.
From the words lettered A to D, choose the word that best completes each of the following sentences.
11. There would have been a riot in our school but for the timely _____ of our staff.
A. intervention B. interruption C. interference D. invasion.
12. The armed robbers ______ every room in the bank to look for money.
A. explored B. ransacked C. raked D. swept.
13. The discontented men _______ up trouble among the workers.
A. Starred B. Steered C. Stirred D. Started.
After each of the following sentences, a list of possible interpretations is given. Choose the interpretation that you consider most appropriate for each sentence.
21. Ade is too clever by half. This means that Ade is
A. far cleverer than others
B. actually very stupid in his behaviour
C. annoyingly clever
D. behaving to be clever but is not.
22. Ameh is really being economical with the truth. This means that Ameh
A. is being praised for being honest
B. does not know enough
C. knows more than he is prepared to say
D. is not telling the truth.
From the words lettered A to D below each of the following sentences, chose the word or group of words that is nearest in meaning to the underlined word as it is used in the sentence.
31. By failing to attend the interview, Idoko has lost a golden opportunity.
A. blessed B. bright C. good D. delightful.
32. I hope the principal would be gracious enough to forgive us.
A. cordial B. polite C. merciful D. gentle.
33. The man’s story gave us an inkling of what we went through during the war.
A. a taste B. a possible idea C. a wrong notion D. a suggestion.
34. Our aunt has expressed deep appreciation for Onyinye’s invaluable assistance during the party.
A. Immeasurable B. Praiseworthy C. Selfless D. Worthless.
35. Many world leaders have continued to condemn the South African Prime Minister for his truculent posture.
A. Impetuous B. Impertinent C. Aggressive D. Impervious.
36. It is usually hard to change the course of action when one crosses the Rubicon. The underlined expression is used in this sentence means to.
A. Pass through a place called Rubicon
B. Cross a river called Rubicon
C. Cross a bridge called Rubicon
D. Be irrevocably committed.
From the words or group of words lettered A to D, choose the word or group of words that best completes each of the following sentences.
41. A good citizen abides _______ the rules of the land.
A. with B. in C. at D. by
42. Since his swearing-in, the governor _______ his hometown.
A. had not been visiting B. has not visited C. did not visit D. had not visited.
Waec English Test of Orals Answers 2021.
PAPER 3 (Test of Oral) SECTION 1
From the words lettered A to D, choose the word that has the same vowel sound as the one represented by the letters underlined.
A. glue B. you C. cup D. curious.
A. fright B. wheat C. tree D. market.
From the words lettered A to D, choose the word that has the same consonant sound(s) as the one represented by the letter(s) underlined.
A. smiled B. slammed C. luck D. table.
From the words lettered A to D, choose the word that rhymes with the given word.
A. area B. barrier C. serious D. ravine.
A. crowd B. nought C. shout D. taught.
In each of the following questions, the main /primary stress is indicated by writing the syllable on which it occurs in capital letters. From the words lettered A to D, choose the one that has the correct stress.
A. A-cri-mo-ny B. a-CRI-mo-ny C. a-cri-MO-ny D. a-cri-mo-NY.
A. inforMAtion B. INformation C. inFORmation D. InformaTION.
Keep refreshing this page and accept our notifications for fresh updates as we receive them.