2021 WAEC Agricultural Science Practical Specimen
WAEC Agric Practical Questions And Answers.
Agric science practical specimens Questions And Answer
Specimen A – Shears
Specimen B – Secateurs;
Specimen C – Spade
Specimen D – Cutlass
Specimen E – Urea Fertilizer ( labelled)
Specimen F – Wood ash ( labelled)
Specimen G – Poultry manure ( labelled)
Specimen H – Centrosema
Specimen I – Elephant grass
Specimen J – Tropical Kuduza
Specimen K – Guinea grass
Specimen L – Chicken egg
Specimen M – Raw milk
Specimen N – Water (labelled)
Specimen O – Poultry Feathers.
1. (a) What class of manure does each of specimen A and B belong to.
(b) List three characteristics of each of specimens A and B.
(c) List two precautions to be observed when applying each of specimens A and
(c) List two precautions to be observed when applying each of specimens A and B.
(d) (i)State which of the specimens is recommended to improve clay soil.
(ii) Give two reasons for your answer.
ANS: (a) Natural and Artificial.
(b) Characteristics of Specimen A (Poultry droppings)
– It is bulky
– Rich in micro-organisms
– Contains many plant nutrients/ improves soil fertility the nutrients concentration are fairly low
– Capable of binding soil particles together /improves soil structure has a bad smell
– Improves soil temperature
– Nutrients not easily leached/lasts longer in the soil Reduces soil erosion by improving soil structure Variable nutrient concentration
Specimen B (N-P-K 15 -15-15)
– Granular in structure Has pungent smell
– Contains only few mineral nutrients
– Not bulky in nature
– Does not reduce soil erosion Nutrients are readily available Hygroscopic.
Precautions to take when applying
Specimen A (Poultry droppings)
– Should not be applied when fresh to crops on the field Must not be allowed to touch the plants
– Should cure properly before application/fully decomposed before applying – Wash hands immediately after application
– Wear protective clothing
– Should be applied when soil is wet
Specimen B (N-P-K 15 -15-15)
– Do not allow direct contact with the plant Do not apply when the soil is very dry
– When applying manually always wear gloves Wash hands immediately after application Do not apply to alkaline soils
– Do not eat, drink or smoke when applying the fertilizers Do soil test to know deficient nutrient before applying.
Questions And Answers
2. (a) Identify specimens D,E and F.
(b) Classify specimens D,E and F according to their mode of formation.
(c) State three characteristics each of specimens D and E.
(d) State three ways in which specimen E is economically important.
ANS: (a) D(Pebbles or sandstone), E(Granite) and F(Marble).
(b) Specimens D – Sedimentary rock
E – Igneous rock
F – Metamorphic rock
(c) Characteristics; Specimen D (Pebbles /Sandstone)
– Occurs in layers or strata
– May be coarse, fine, soft or hard
– Non-crystalline in nature
– May contain fossils/plant and animal remains
– Not resistant to erosion
– May be porous.
Specimen E (Granite)
– Crystalline in nature/contain crystals
– It is massive – Very hard – Impermeable to water
– Highly resistant to erosion and weather element
– Does not contain fossils.
3. (a) Identify specimens C
(b) State two uses of specimens C
(c) Give two maintenance practices for specimens C
(d) Name two other farm tools that can perform the function of specimen C.
More loading. Save, bookmark and keep refreshing this page.
Let your study and research be around the species above and more. Don’t restrict your study to the above specimen alone. Although the specimen have been gotten from a verified source, still use it with care.
You should note that studying the above specimen will help you pass the practical examination with flying colors, but don’t restrict your study to the listed specimen alone.
You should also note that where a specimen is not readily available in sufficient quantity, it would be shared among groups of candidates. The provision of specimen is the responsibility of your exam center.
Bookmark this page for WAEC agric practical specimens, click here to find us on Google news app and follow us so you can be alerted to freshly updated answers as we upload.