Interested and qualified candidates can now apply for the 2020/2021 Federal Government scholarship award.
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu announced the scholarship award, saying that it is open for undergraduate and post graduate students studying in Nigerian universities. The scholarship will be awarded based on results from computer based test.
The registration portal will open on Monday 14th of December, 2020 and will close on the 24th of January, 2021.
Applicants aiming for post graduate scholarship must have a first degree with at least Second Class Upper Division.
Applicants must be registered Full-Time students of a Federal or State university in Nigeria.
UG, HND and NCE applicants must be registered Full-Time students in second year or more in their current undergraduate studies in a Federal or State university, Polytechnic, Monotechnic or College of Education.
Undergraduate wishing to apply for the scholarship must maintain at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a 5.0 or 7.0 scale.
All NCE and HND applicants must have at least a CGPA of 3.5 and above on a scale of 4.0.
Physically challenged students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
All qualified candidates should visit the federal ministry of education website by clicking here, and follow the below procedures
- Click on Federal Scholarship Board icon in the Home Page.
- Read the guidelines and then complete the application form online.
- Applicants must have the following documents available
- Letter of admission.
- Current course registration form.
- CGPA result of current year.
- Current school Identity Card.
- State or local government indigene certificate.
- Choose Computer Based Centre close to you to take your test.
- Print your examination slip.
Double registration will lead to disqualification.
Note that no applicant is required to pay any processing or registration fee.
Applicants should be studying in the following areas to be qualified:
Medicine and Para-medical
Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- North – West – Sokoto – Kano state
- North – East – Adamawa – Yola, Gombe state
- North – Central – FCT – Bwari. Kogi – Lokoja.
- South – West – Oyo – Ibadan, Ondo – Akure
- South – South – Delta – Asaba, Rivers – Port Harcourt
- South – East – Enugu – Imo – Owerri