20 people dead and 56 hospitalized after consuming ‘poisoned cocaine’ in Argentina

In Argentina, at least 20 people have died after ingesting cocaine that was suspected of carrying a toxic chemical.

Officials and local media reported on Wednesday, February 2 that cases have been clustered around numerous communities in the province of Buenos Aires.

Another 56 people have been admitted to hospitals, according to a government source, with more people seeking treatment due to the toxic cocaine in eight of the province’s municipalities.

According to the source, the death toll in the municipalities of Hurlingham, San Martin, and Tres de Febrero is expected to reach even higher.

Buenos Aires province, the country’s most populous, is home to many suburbs of the national capital of the same name.

Officials believe some of the victims suffered from opioid intoxication, according to a statement from the province’s health ministry released on Wednesday.

The number of those hospitalised with serious illness is “constantly rising,” it added.Provincial security forces detained some people suspected of selling the drug after the first deaths occurred on Wednesday.

Some local media outlets reported that the cocaine had been “cut” with a toxic substance, likely by a drug gang looking to reduce costs amid a turf war with rival groups.“

We are waiting for the laboratory results and the results of the investigations into the people who have been detained,” Sergio Berni, the province’s security minister, told local television.

The local government of Tres de Febrero said in a statement it was aware of people falling seriously ill due to “allegedly adulterated cocaine” and was working with emergency services and hospitals to prevent more deaths.

↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯

»Share Your Opinion On TDPel Media«