Following the alleged gang rape of two women in the Adelaide CBD, a seventh guy has been detained.
The 16-year-old Alberton kid was accused of rape on two counts. The adolescent will show up in Adelaide Youth Court on Monday after being denied bail.
On Sunday, December 4, around 2 am, the two women, 18 and 19, are said to have been sexually assaulted in a stairwell of a parking lot off Adelaide’s main entertainment district.
Six of the seven arrested men are accused of rape, and the seventh is alleged to have attempted to use $4000 in cash to settle a debt to one of the victims.
The two women were involved in a “alcohol and cannabis-fueled incident” early on Sunday morning, according to the police, as they were passing by the Hotel Plaza parking lot.
After that, seven males are accused of gang raping them for 30 minutes.
According to police, one of the women was able to flee, but when she saw that her friend was still being held, she ran back to assist and was gang-raped a second time.
Five people, including two teenagers, were detained in the days that followed in connection with the Hindley Street incident.
At 6 p.m. on Thursday, a 20-year-old Gilberton man was arrested as the sixth person.
On Sunday, December 4, police detained and charged a 20-year-old man with rape who had no fixed address.
A 17-year-old Blair Athol boy was detained and accused of rape on Monday, December 5. In Adelaide Youth Court, bail was rejected for him.
A second 17-year-old boy was detained on Tuesday and was also denied bail in the Adelaide Youth Court on charges that he offered to pay one of the victims money to keep her from calling the police.
A 23-year-old Kensington man was accused of two counts of rape that same day.
Due to court requirements, the men’s identities have been kept secret.
On Wednesday, a male from Clearview, age 21, was taken into custody.
Police are requesting anybody with information to call Crime Stoppers at 1800 333 000 as their investigations are still ongoing.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Tennessee police chief fired after details of his involvement in Maegan Hall’s sex scandal emerge
- Gabby Petito selfie before Brian Laundrie driving stop exposes damaged face
- Real-life Spider-Man’s home – located at 20 Ingram Street – hit market for 2.138million
- Harry Potter actor Warwick Davis fights to keep a historic primary school open
- As Joe addresses the nation, CHRISTIAN WHITON asks, how do we win the new “Cold War” with China?
- “Drink-driving” Land Rover driver hits four parked cars before hitting fence
- Telstra phishing letter dupes recipients into a bogus effort to capture hackers
- Archie Battersbee’s mother tells the coroner that she does not know if he participated in the ‘blackout challenge’ on TikTok
- Trans Lives Matter demonstrators occupy Oklahoma State Capitol
- ‘Shocked’ granny, 68, fined £100 for “littering” after feeding ducks bread in river